These transducers are an adaptation of flat linear arrays for the inspection of parts with circular symmetry. The linear scanning becomes circular to adapt to inspection of tubes, bars or sections.
- Tubes and bars inspection
- Aircrafts composite strengtheners inspection
360° or sector electronic beam scanning is combined with electronic focusing and beam steering.
- Scanning speed can be adapted to the water path.
- Focusing depth and inspection angle can be electronically selected depending on the tube/bar configuration.
- Frequency from 1 MHz to 20 MHz
- Number of elements unlimited, typically 64 to 512
- High sensitivity and signal-to-noise ratio, thanks to the acoustic matching to water that allows a very good transfer of acoustic energy.
- Good axial resolution, and reduction of the unseen area below the surface thanks to a short pulse length
- Reproducibility of the inspection through the homogeneity of performance between the elements of the same probe, and between different probes
of the same type
- High reliability over time thanks to a watertight and corrosion-resistant design, compatible with permanent immersion under one metre of water in aggresive industrial environments.
Actually there is no standard configuration!
The frequency, the number of elements, the spacing and the radius of curvature are defined according to the tubes, bars or sections to be inspected, the defects to be detected and the desired inspection speed in particular.
- Pre-focused active area
- Housing adapted to the probe holder
- Customized cabling
- Adaptation to a particular environment (temperature, pressure, radiation, chemical compatibility)