Internal tube and bore inspection
External tube inspection
The ultrasonic beam is emitted by a flat circular transducer, which is reflected on the part to be inspected using a mirror.
Electronic scanning allows the beam to be turned through 360°, without rotating the probe or the mirror.
The choice of the angle of the mirror enables the beam to be given a straight or oblique incidence.
- Frequency from 5 to 15 MHz
- Number of elements: 32 to 256 (according to the tube diameter)
- Minimum internal tube diameter (for internal probes): 15 mm
- High sensitivity and signal-to-noise ratio, thanks to the acoustic matching to water that allows a very good transfer of acoustic energy
- Good axial resolution, and reduction of the unseen area below the surface thanks to a short pulse length
- Reproducibility of the inspection through the homogeneity of performance between the elements of the same probe, and between different probes of the same type.
- Centring device
- Water input device
- Mechanical interfacing with the pusher-puller
- Customized connection
- Adaptation to a particular environment (temperature, pressure, radiation, chemical compatibility).